Our combination ballet and tap class builds the foundations of dance technique that are necessary for continued study in dance while also keeping things playful, creative, engaging and fun. We cover beginning ballet technique, performing dance progressions and sequences,and the elements of dance. Gross motor, balance, coordination, and flexibility are just some of the physical skills we work to develop while also encouraging creative expression, team work, and high self-esteem. In tap dance we develop essential rhythm and musicality skills through playful dances and songs and often bring in musical instruments to enhance our learning.
Students in the Pre-School Level should turn 3 by October 1st. Students in the Kinder Level should turn 4 by October 1st.
Ballet and Tap Classes available for the 2017-2018 Season:
- Pre-School (ages 3-4) – Monday 4:30-5:15pm
- Pre-School (ages 3-4) – Wednesday 5:30-6:15pm
- Pre-School (ages 3-4) – Saturday 9:30-10:15am
- Kinder (ages 4-5) – Tuesday 5:45-6:30pm
- Kinder (ages 4-5) – Wednesday 5:30-6:15pm
- Kinder (ages 4-5) – Thursday 4:45-5:30pm
- Kinder (ages 4-5) – Saturday 11:00-11:30am