Ballet Classes at Open Arts are a perfect blend of classical ballet study and training with a fun, engaging, and upbeat class environment. Focus is on proper alignment, learning and mastering developmentally appropriate ballet steps, using proper ballet terminology, dancing at the barre, and more. Alignment, turn-out, strength, flexibility, and grace are just a few of the physical skills we work on while also developing discipline, creative expression, team work, perseverance, and confidence. Ballet is the basis of most other dance forms and we highly recommend that all of our dancers enroll in a ballet class.
Ballet students are required to wear tights and a leotard and have hair in a bun to every class. No exceptions.
Ballet Classes available for the 2017-2018 Season:
- Level I Placement – Monday 5;30-6:15pm
- Level I (ages 6-8) – Thursday 5:30-6:15pm
- Level I (ages 6-8) – Saturday 10:00-10:45am
- Level II and II (ages 9-18) – Tuesday 6:30-7:30pm
- Level II and III (ages 9-18) – Wednesday 7:00-8:00pm