Jazz/Hip-Hop is an upbeat and energetic dance class that teaches a wide variety of jazz-based dance styles. All of our jazz classes teach traditional jazz technique that is based in ballet and gives our dancers a strong movement vocabulary to use and build upon. This foundation is key as we begin to sequence dance steps together in various jazz styles including theater jazz, latin jazz, street jazz, hip-hop, fusion, lyrical jazz, and many others. Body control, isolations, flexibility, balance, coordination, and strength are just a few of the physical skills we focus on while also developing discipline, creative expression, team work, perseverance, and confidence.
Jazz/Hip-Hop Classes available for the 2016-2017 Season:
- Level I (ages 6-8) Continuing – Monday 7:00-7:45pm
- Level I (ages 6-8) Beginning – Saturday 11:00-11:45am
- Level II (ages 9-11) Beginning – Tuesday 6:45-7:30pm
- Level II (ages 9-11) Continuing – Thursday 6:15-7:00pm
- Level III (ages 12+) – Tuesday 7:30-8:30pm