Musical Theater is an exciting performance-based class that teaches students theatrical jazz dance, vocal technique, and stage acting. Students work on theatrical dance sequences , develop characters through body and voice, learn how to project their voices, train their musical ears, and more. Through the creative process we are also encouraging creative expression, team work, and high self-esteem. Vocal warm-ups, breathing exercises, drama games, and improvisation are all also a large part of this class.
Many of our musical theater classes are multi-age classes which allow for a variety of differentiated instruction and student-to-student peer teaching and learning.
Musical Theater Classes available for the 2016-2017 Season:
- Kinder (ages 4-5) – Wednesday 4:45-5:30pm
- Level I (ages 6-8) – Tuesday 4:45-5:30pm
- Level I (ages 6-8) and Level II (ages 9-11) – Saturday 10:15-11:00am
- Level II (ages 9-11)* and Level III (ages 12+) – Tuesday 7:30-8:15pm
- Level III (ages 12+)* – Thursday 6:45-7:30pm
Levels marked with a (*) require students to also be enrolled in a dance class – choose from modern, jazz/hip-hop, or ballet.