FROM THE DIRECTOR
Click the video for a run-down of the newsletter with me 🙂 – or read on to see all that we have in store at Open Arts this month!
Happy month of LOVE, Open Arts!!! Thank you to everyone for making 2017 such a smooth start for us all. Welcome to all of our new families – we are so happy you’re here. Registration is now closed for our 2016-2017 season, so now that we’re all here, I feel like it’s a great time to offer a few reminders:
- Be sure your dancer is adhering to our DRESS CODE every week. Dancers need the appropriate shoes and attire for every class. Check the details for each type of class via the link above. ALSO – hair needs to be pulled back and away from the face for EVERY class. A ponytail or equivalent is required and a bun is required for dancers in Level I, II, and III Ballet.
- Please be sure if your child plays with the toys in the lobby that they are put away neatly before you leave. As we all know, there’s nothing worse than stepping on a stray lego 🙂 so please help your child be mindful of keeping the walkways clear.
- Let’s all commit to being respectful to each other while waiting in the lobby. Please be mindful of little ones – I know there’s a lot of energy to burn off, but running through the lobby, jumping on furniture, or (for lack of a better word) “rough-housing” is just not appropriate and is frustrating for parents and grandparents that may be trying to watch their child in class.
- I love that we’re all comfortable here – this is OUR home – so let’s all just try and treat the studio and each other that way! <3
Just another quick reminder that our Mobile App, which you can download from the Google Play Store and the Apple Store, is the easiest way to register for classes and events, make payments, update your account AND receive push notification for studio events and reminders. In addition, we also have our new Google Calendar, which you can sync to your own calendar so you’ll never miss an Open Arts event again.
Here’s to new beginnings and magical things for us all! See you at the studio soon. xo
SUMMER STARDUST – SUMMER CAMPS AND CLASSES 2017
We are excited to share our 2017 Summer Camps and Classes Schedule with you. Cue the stardust. Our summer will be full of fun and fancy with half-day camps, evening camps, and the return of our drop-in summer classes. Be sure to pick-up your Summer Stardust Booklet in the studio lobby and take advantage of our Buy One, Get One 50% Off special when you register for camp before March 1st!
THIRTY ONE GIFTS “ALL-IN ORGANIZER” FUNDRAISER
Ashley Dashputre, Senior Consultant at Thirty One Gifts, is hosting an “All In” Fundraiser. We hope you will consider purchasing an “All In Organizer” as your child’s dance bag, give it as a gift or organize a place in your home or car, or all of the above. These bags will also make a great organizer for all of your Showcase hairpieces, snacks, make-up, and goodies. This organizer has two mesh side pockets and 8 different prints to choose from. Dimensions are 8″H x 12″L x 6.5″D with 6″ Handle Drop.
Each tote is $30 and includes a monogram or 1-3 lines of personalization (up to 16 characters per line, your choice of front and color), shipping and tax — and the best part?! Open Arts will receive $7 for every tote sold. This money will benefit the Open Arts Performance Company and allow them to continue our work of bringing dance and the arts to the wider community.
To place your order, fill out the Online Order Form, and bring your $30 Payment in cash or check (made payable to “Ashley Dashputre”) to the studio. Deadline to order is Saturday, February 11th. You can learn more on our website or if you have any questions, feel free to call or text Ashley at 336-251-4488.
KIDS NIGHT OUT
Kids Night Out returns on Saturday, March 18th from 4-8pm. Kids ages 3 and up are invited to join us and rates are $10/hour. Bring the kids early to get some afternoon errands run, later for a quiet date night, or treat yourself and have them stay for the entire evening! We will open up reservations in March to help us plan for everyone. All proceeds will benefit the Open Arts Performance Company.
The theme for this year’s event is “Summer Stardust,” celebrating our 2017 Summer Camps and Classes. We’ll be pretending it’s summer all night long, with beach balls, luau parties, sno-cones, activities from our camps and classes, dinner, and a movie! Mark your calendars now and look for more details soon.
We ordered all Showcase Costumes over the Thanksgiving Break. Some costumes have already arrived and others will continue arriving over the next few months. We will send your child’s costume home as soon as we receive them.
We always have students slide costumes on in class so the teacher can check to make sure the sizing is appropriate. Remember – we are not able to return costumes. Only in severe sizing issues are we able to exchange costumes for a different size, but there will be a $30 Re-Stocking and Shipping fee.
Once you receive your child’s costume, please put it in YOUR closet – or a safe place where it will not get damaged. Students should not wear their costume until Picture Day, Dress Rehearsal, and the Showcase. Again, we can not exchange costumes and many companies will NOT be able to get an additional costume to us in time for our show due to production times and delays.
END OF YEAR SHOWCASE
In case you missed it, we officially have a date for the 2017 Showcase. Our performances will be on Saturday, June 3rd with Dress Rehearsal on Friday, June 2nd at Page Auditorium on Duke University’s Campus. In-Studio Rehearsals will take place that Tuesday and Wednesday.
Full details will be available in Mid-February when we send home our Showcase Handbooks and Details Sheets. I will also begin updating our Showcase Page on the website this month. But please be sure your calendars are marked for the dates above. #Super is going to be such a fun show to put together and showcase our incredible students.
Here’s a quick look at what’s coming up at Open Arts
- February 11 – 11:30-1pm – Disney Rehearsal
- March 18 – 11:30-12:30pm – Disney Rehearsal
- March 18 – 4:00-8:00pm – Kids Night Out
Ages 3+ – $10 per hour – Registration begins March 1st
- April 1 – 11:30-12:30pm – Disney Rehearsal
- April 9-15 – SPRING BREAK – Studio Closed/No Classes
- April 28-29 – Picture Weekend
Times and Details coming Soon!
- May 6 – 11:30-12:30pm – Disney Rehearsal
- May 27 – Last Day of Classes
- May 30-June 1 – In-Studio Rehearsals
Times and Details coming Soon!
- June 2 – Dress Rehearsal at Page Auditorium
- June 3 – End of Year Showcase